I’ve decided to make this weekly haiku challenge work and I’m going to give it my best shot. You too can Join in!
It trying to stay relevant to the news there’s a lot of focus on global warming at the moment.
Here’s my attempt at the haiku challenge:
Just like lungs need air,
The Earth needs space to just breathe,
We must work as one.
We must work as one with the planet in order to prevent global warming. There are daily things we can do to help and it’s in our best interests to do what we can. Just like we need air to fill our lungs so we can breathe the planet needs the space to breathe too. However, we are chocking it.
Small daily things you can do to help include but are not limited too:
- Don’t waste water take short showers instead of baths
- Turn the water off in between brushing teeth
- Try taking public transport, a bike or even walk to your destination instead of taking the car
- Try not to leave household appliances on standby
- Change light bulbs to energy efficient ones
- Reduce the amount of waste you have by reusing what you can or recycling that which can be recycled
- Try to use blankets instead of just putting the heating on
- Try to keep plants or grow trees in spaces where appropriate
- Help spread the word and get people you know to do the same
The smaller things we can do to help the planet will add up, and the planet will help us for it. The planet needs our help. We must unite so it can breathe.
Breath and Unite. When we Unite, the planet can Breathe.